Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Meaningful Relationships

It is close to thanksgivng and everyone always jumps on the what I am thankful for bandwagon, so I decided that I would join them. What I am truly thankful for, is my father. As cliche as it seems my father is the one and only reason why I turned out the way that I did. My childhood (if you could call it that) forced me to grow up faster than any child should ever have to. I was around violence, seperated parents, drugs, and gang bangers from the age of three. I have vivid memories of fights that involved guns and yelling and police on multiple occasions. I remember having to call 911 at the age of 6 at 9:00 pm. becasue nobody in my house woulld wake up and I was scared. Most of the time individuals hat grow up this way do not come out of it the way that I did. I have never touched a drug, I do not get drunk, and the last fight that I have been in was when I was in 5th grade. My dad rescued me from the life that I was in and gave me the closest thing t a childhood that he was able to after what I had been through. He taught me how to channel my anger productively into sports, he taught me pretty much everything that I know today. Due to the fact that he is the greatest dad in the world, I made it to college, I am able to play collegiate football, I have a joob waiting on me after college. If it weren't for him I would either be working at McDonald's, in jail, or dead somewhere. When you realize whop the important and meaningful people are in your life, they become your fire, your reason for wanting to succeed. My father has helped me on so many different levels that the only way for me to repay him is to graduate from college, obtain a successful career and give him some healthy grandchildren. Becasue if it were not for his efforts and sacrifices, I would not be able to do any of those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment