Sunday, November 18, 2012

High School to College

I am recently beginning to feel exactly how far away from high school college actually is. With the holidays coming around, in high school my teachers would begin to slack off and lighten up the load on us. In college on the other hand, the professors have not slowed down a bit. They insist on going a thousand miles an hour to make sure we get everything done that we need to befpre our up and coming breaks. Even though I hate them for it, they are helping us prepare for finals (another thing I did't have in high school). To a procrastinator like myslef in high school holidays were a blessing, but to the college me, it is hell. Every paper, test, project, and group assignment happen right before the holidays. Knowing me I have either recently or haven't started on all of the work I need to get done. Even the blog I am doing righ tat this moment is me procrastinating. But as I have said before whatever happens this first semester of college serves me as a lesson. In high school I could have just asked my teachers (who I had a very good relationship with) for extensions on assignments, but in college getting an extension on an assignment is a blessing, miracle, and rare find all at the same time. Honestly, I think that I am starting to understand how this whole college thing works, and much like everyone has said, it took me about a semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment