Sunday, November 18, 2012

Keeping My Focus

Holidays are right around the corner, Thanksgiving break is almost here, and Christmas break follows. What is not going through any students mind is that before Christmas break is finals. With all of the distraction of the holidays and getting our breaks it is important to stay focused. Just becasue we get out of classes on Wednsday doesn't mean that we can just not do any of our work done for Monday, and it doesn't mean that we can just not study for our tests' on Tuesday. When I am on a football field or a pitchers mound, people have commented on the fact that my focus cannot be matched, but when it comes my academics.... It is an entirely different story. I know that I am getting extremely close to the time, where in high school, I have a track record of slacking off. I cannot stress to myself ebough the importance of keeping my focus and concentration for this next month or so. I need to get my grades up, I need to do my homework, and I need to go to class. Most of all I need to prepare myself for finals! It is extremely hard for me to concentrate on the importance of classwork, when all I seem to be focused on is getting out of class! This is why I need to prioritize my focus and concentration. For me that means whatever I am actually focused on, I need to focus on the exact opposite. When all I can think about is going out and having fun, I need to think about the things I need to get done before I can go out. When I am focused on Thanksgiving and Christmas break, I need to focus on getting all of the work I can done before these breaks come. Staying focused for the next month may seem like it is not too difficult of a task, but to a college student who is 5 hours away from home who has only been home twice, it is boarderline impossible. So it is extremely important that I am focused on the important things for the next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment