Sunday, September 16, 2012

PlayMaking 101

I have been an athlete for fourteen years now, so I have heard so many things in my life that I have heard and learned from. I can contribute most of my accomplishments off of the field to the fact that I am an athlete. So when I hear people talking about wanting to make a difference, I just picture being a play-maker. If you watch or play sports you have heard this term before. In sports a play-maker is someone who can make a positive impact in a game for his/her team. In life a play-maker to me is someone who can change a life or an aspect of a life, whether it is theirs or someone elses, for the better. So when you need to change something about your life for the better think of it as making a big play, the more big plays you make the closer you are to becoming a play-maker. Now I have been called a play-maker numerous times on the football and baseball field, but when it comes to my life I would have to ponder if I was truly a play-maker. I always try to brighten peoples days. I would honestly say I genuinely care if certain people are having a rough time or not. So in my opinion when it comes to friends and family I would call myself a play-maker. But, what about my life? Do I make changes to my life when I need to? These are the tough questions that I believe everyone should ask themselves. When it comes to my life, I would say that in many aspects of my life I am truly a play-maker, but when it comes to my academics I am not. I have always skated through school doing half of what I could have truly done and making "okay" grades. When I go back and think about high school there are definitely times when I regret slacking off. I know that if I gave full effort I could have done something really good with my academic career. My biggest problem is studying. If I was truly a play-maker in my life and outside of school I would change my study habbits and learn from my experiences, so until I am able to do these things I am not a play-makeer in life. So my question to evveryone today is, Are you a play-maker in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment