Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Distractions Are Everywhere

It seems like the longer I get into the semester, the more work I get and the more distractions seem to pop up. The longer you are in class the more comfortable your professorss become with loading you with work. Also the longer you are in college the more friends you meet, the more friends you meet, the greater your chances of having a person distract you become. College is full of these external distractions. The thing about college is that you are able to get used to these distractions, you find ways to get things done despite these external distractions, even if staying up all night to do something is not the best thing for your health, you are still getting it done. While you find adaptions to these external distractions, what really kills any drive to work is the internal distractions. Lately with grades coming in, the home sickness beginning to take its toll, and the stress of midterms and tuition payments piling up, it is extremely difficult to get my mind focused on the most improtant thing. At night my mind constantly runs through all of the things that I do not need it to run through, and forces my sleep schedule to be put on hold. I find myself staring at a book and worying about little things that should not be on my mind when I am trying to read. As an eighteen year old first year college student there are certain social issues that are difficult to keep off of our minds long enough to focus on homework and studying. Whether it is relationships, or sports, or video games, or even the fact that while you want to study every person you know is out having fun, there are a plethora of distractions that we students must over come. It is important to prioritize where, and when to focus and what to focus on. Learning the skills it takes to ignore distractions will set the foundation for your future with whatever profession you arre looking to put your efforts to.

No comments:

Post a Comment